The data list is the database-like data repository, which is designed for you to manage your business data.
The data list is flexible and configurable, which is easily designed base on your business needs. To configure your data list, open an application and select a data list. Below is an example which is designed to manage tasks. This will give you a quick understanding about how the data list works.
1. List views menu
This is the place to display the current view name, and manage views of the data list. A data list can contains multiple views. Each data view has individual view styles and access permission etc. Create multiple views to give users the flexible for viewing data from different aspects.
You can click the down arrow to open the list views menu.
From the list views menu, you can see all the views of the current data list.
- You can click each item to switch the views.
- Click the position icon at the end of each item, and drag to change the order. Use this to change the display orders of views.
- +Add a View - Click this button to add a new view. You will be asked to select the view type from the pop-up window.
2. Quick settings bar
This includes the quick settings of the current view, like filtering data, coloring data, and sorting data etc. This might be different based on the view types (Calendar, Gallery, Gantt etc.).
3. Data Search
Click the search button to search with keywords. The data list support for full-text search.
4. Add new item
If the current user has the editor/admin permission of this data list, or have the adding new item permission from the advanced permission settings of this list, the + Add button will show up. Click to open the new form to add add item.
5. More settings of Data List
Click the "More" button to see or the list-related settings.
Please Note: The items from list settings to delete data list are only visible for the administrator of this data list.
- Import - Import data from an excel file to this list. Yeeflow offers bulk import to add or update item(s).
- Export - Export current list view data to an excel file.
- List settings - The advanced settings of the data list which includes the fields management, customized list form, public form, list workflow and permission settings etc.
- Duplicate - Make a copy of the current data list.
- Move to - Move the current data list to another application.
- Edit data list - Edit the Name and Description for this data list.
- Delete data list - Delete this data list and all views of this data list will be deleted permanently. The associated data information, if any, will be lost.
The advanced settings of Data List
Click List settings from the more settings menu to find the advanced settings of Data Lists.
There are more features you can configure from here:
- Fields - Manage all the fields of this list. You can add new fields, delete existing fields or edit the properties of a field.
- Forms - Manage the list forms. Create customized forms for creating new records/items, editing existing(s) and viewing page(s).
- Public forms - Create public forms to allow anonymous users to submit data without login.
- Workflows - Create list workflow(s) which are associated to this list, set the start conditions to control when to run the workflows. Using the workflow designer to define the details of your workflow logic.
- Permissions - Set the permissions of this list. By default, the list permission is inherited from the application. You can set the individual permission for this list. Using the "Advanced permissions" Settings function to assign permissions with records-related properties.
- Notifications - Set notifications of this list, like when create a new item, send a notification to specific users, or when a field value equals to the conditions, send a notification out, etc.
- Versions - Yeeflow allows you to track versions of your records. You can turn on the versioning function from the settings page, then any changes made to the data of this list will be tracked. The admins of this app can view the history info of versions.